The Quality Control (QC) Chemistry Analyst II performs testing and solution preparations, assists in equipment & instrumental calibrations and maintenance, communicates between departments when reporting results, and executes test protocols as assigned by management. The analyst is also responsible for assisting in writing protocols & reports, as well as sampling raw material, finished goods, stability samples and additional samples as assigned.
So, what will you be doing? This role has a broad and varied remit and the successful candidate will have responsibility for duties including:
- Performs testing on raw material, in-process, & finished good samples.
- Prepares all solutions needed for testing.
- Performs testing on stabilities.
- Samples raw material, finished goods, stability samples and additional samples as assigned.
- Performs instrument & equipment calibrations/performance checks
- Documents all data in corresponding laboratory notebook
- Disposes of all chemicals safely
- Performs required testing pertaining to customer complaints, discrepancies, & laboratory investigations.
- Reports necessary results to production supervisors, in a timely manner
- Assists in the performance of qualifications and validations of instruments and test methods
- Performs impurity, supplier approval, and research testing
- Executes test protocols, as assigned by management
- Assists in writing protocols and reports
- Trains new employees basic laboratory skills and functions
- Perform other duties as required to fulfill department and business needs.
The Ideal Candidate
Here at Med-Pharmex we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life. We’re particularly keen to hear from those who have/are:
- BS / MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline is preferred and at least 2 years of experience in a pharmaceutical industry required.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Expertise in OOS/OOT/Atypical resolution, deviations, change controls, root cause analysis, and monitoring CAPA effectiveness would be a desirable.
- Experience with electronic systems such as LIMS is an advantage.
- Knowledge of relevant FDA guidance documents.
About the Company
For over 35 years, we’ve committed to serving the animal health community by providing products to extend the health span of companion animals and ensure a safe and abundant food supply. We believe every animal deserves proper care, that’s why we aim to create accessible and results-driven, quality products.
Med-Pharmex is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), medical condition, genetic information, marital status, national origin, mental and physical disability, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.