Headquartered in Pomona, California, Med-Pharmex, Inc. is among the leading developers and manufacturers of generic veterinary pharmaceutical products in the U.S. The Company markets over 25 FDA-approved products, all manufactured in one of its three FDA-approved, Pomona-based facilities, with multiple drug delivery systems such as injectables, suspensions, oral solutions, sprays, ointments, creams, pastes, and powders. Utilizing its expertise and experience in pharmaceutical product development in a cGMP environment, the Company’s strength lies in its ability to continually innovate and develop products with high barrier entry, successfully navigate FDA regulatory requirements, and bring quality generic drug products to the veterinary market.
Dechra is an international specialist veterinary pharmaceuticals products business. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, and sales and marketing of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide. As a member of the Dechra Group IT team the SR. Systems Administrator will report to the IT Manager of North America and will work closely with Group IT colleagues across Dechra to enhance, plan, design, implement, and maintain a broad spectrum of technology solutions in support of business objectives. Other duties include escalation support to the junior team member, supporting MedPharmex and remotely assisting all other employees across North America. Also, mentoring the junior team members in North America, provide periodic performance feedback on admins to the IT Manager.
- Oversee all Incidents and requests in the call handling system by allocating and managing workload of the sys admins, serve as an escalation point when required, and escalate incidents to the IT Manager when necessary.
- Architecting and deploying new technology solutions.
- Performing advanced troubleshooting on systems and software, document processes and procedures, and train/mentor other staff members
- Analyses IT Requests proposals; ensures correct prioritization and approvals are in place.
- Providing input and oversee budgetary items as assigned by the IT Manager and ensure spending is authorized and controlled.
- Implementing and oversee IT based inventory and licensing controls, as well as develop reporting tools as requested by the IT Manager
- Overseeing server and network hardware assets at all sites; ensure maintenance contracts are intact and systems are updated in accordance with manufacturer recommendations.
- Assisting in the deployment of new assets and software in line with the company’s hardware refresh policy based on the IT department standards.
- Providing North American based infrastructure/server support for core corporate technologies such as Exchange, firewalls, Active Directory, etc. and support for global systems as needed.
- Working with external vendors to ensure adherence to the IT department standards and service level agreements.
- Overseeing regional site configuration information by documenting environments at all sites including network documentation and standard operating procedures
- Ensuring that all users, customers and stakeholders receive a first class level of service in relation to IT incidents and service requests.
- Evaluates and recommends methods and tools for streamlining and improving the business process.
|Strong Technical Aptitude||Learning Agility|
|Customer Service||Results Focused|
|Behaviour and Values||(D) Committed to delivering excellence|
(E) Enthusiastic and results driven
(C) Able to take calculated risks
(H) Honest with a high level of integrity
(R) Team player
(A) Willing and able to go the extra mile
|Skills||Experience working in a Senior IT role supporting infrastructure and business solutions|
Experience managing projects and producing relevant documentation
Good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task and deliver under pressure
Highly developed knowledge of a broad range of technologies and their applications
Extensive experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and advanced troubleshooting of a wide variety of hardware and software
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems, both desktops and servers
Extensive knowledge of Active Directory including group policy and PowerShell scripting
Experience training and mentoring IT staff and providing performance metrics to IT Manager
Experience with deploying and managing VOIP phone systems
Experience with managing Office 365 environments
|Qualifications||7 years corporate IT experience|
College degree (experience may be substituted)
Proven IT project based experience
Certifications (MCSE, CCNA, etc.)
|Knowledge and Experience||Microsoft stack (Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy, SCCM, Windows Server, NTFS permissions)|
Networking (DNS, DHCP, MPLS, Cisco Switches/Routers, Meraki Wifi)
Advanced system performance and application troubleshooting using native Windows and 3rd party monitoring tools including (Nagios, SolarWinds Orion, Pandora FMS)
Anti-Virus and Firewall solutions (Trend Micro AV, Cisco ASA/Firepower)
Remote access/control solutions (Cisco AnyConnect, Citrix, TeamViewer)
Storage and backup solutions (EMC fiber attached SAN, Netbackup)
VMware Virtualisation Technologies
Office 365 Management
Telecommunications Systems Management (Avaya IP Office, Cisco UCCX)
Basic ERP (SAP, Oracle) administration (user/security management)
Occasional travel, after hours work, and participation in rotating on-call support may be required.
Med-Pharmex is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), medical condition, genetic information, marital status, national origin, mental and physical disability, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.