The position is responsible for planning and executing Med-Pharmex’s production activities. This position will develop and manage the direct-labor resources, production environment and other direct inputs associated with the manufacturing and packaging of Med-Pharmex’s animal health products.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop production schedules in alignment with customer’s orders and forecasts.
- Develop and refine controlled documentation (i.e. batch records, procedures) utilized in the production process.
- Lead and participate in deviation, Out-of-Specification and other quality event investigations associated with production.
- Identify, develop and cross-train all levels of production staff to properly execute production operations in accordance with cGMP and company documentation in conjunction with Med-Pharmex’s Training Manager. Training and coaching activities include the organization, development and review of position-based curriculum, on-the-job training (OJT) and the review of individual’s training performance.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for production supplies.
- Align the production schedule with the purchasing plan, customer orders and forecasts to prevent product backorders and optimize both On-Time/In-Full and order turnaround time.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for both aseptic and non-aseptic production operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- B.S. or B.A. in Life Sciences, Business, or Engineering desired.
- Prior experience manufacturing and managing production operations associated with both non-aseptic and aseptic pharmaceutical products. Experience formulating, filling and packaging lotions, ointments, gels, pastes, powder blends or other dosage forms highly desirable. Experience with aseptic fill-finish production activities.
- Thorough knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs) applicable to pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills to adequately communicate with multiple levels and departments within the Med-Pharmex organization. Spanish language skills a plus.
- Ability to use both custom and off-the-shelf software, databases and spreadsheets.
- Ability to develop, follow and understand Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols.
- Able to function independently and within a collaborative team environment.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Verbal and Written communication skills commensurate with the position.
- This position will require on-site presence during production shifts, typically 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. M-F, with extended presence to encompass core business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m M-F. Overtime may be required to support special projects or critical deadlines.
Med-Pharmex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy Med-Pharmex is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.