Headquartered in Pomona, California, Med-Pharmex, Inc. is among the leading developers and manufacturers of generic veterinary pharmaceutical products in the U.S. The Company markets over 25 FDA-approved products, all manufactured in one of its three FDA-approved, Pomona-based facilities, with multiple drug delivery systems such as injectables, suspensions, oral solutions, sprays, ointments, creams, pastes, and powders. Utilizing its expertise and experience in pharmaceutical product development in a cGMP environment, the Company’s strength lies in its ability to continually innovate and develop products with high barrier entry, successfully navigate FDA regulatory requirements, and bring quality generic drug products to the veterinary market.
The Finance Business Partner actively helps improve the performance of the business and provides full business finance support to the Site Director and the senior management team who have P&L / cost center responsibility for the site.
- Execute financial planning and analysis processes including forecast and budget processes for the site and continuous analytics on business performance including efficiency measures.
- Working with the DPM&S financial controller to improve/optimise processes as it relates to the manufacturing process within the site.
- Responsible for standard costing for the site and improving the accuracy of standard costing and efficiency measures related to the standards.
- Develop, monitor and challenge monthly KPI’s for manufacturing performance to drive efficiencies within the site.
- Month-end closing process for the site, including accountability for the sites P&L and Balance Sheet
- Financial business partner to the Site Director and senior management team as well as the constant link between the business and finance.
- Support business case development and analytics for efficiencies, Capex’s and projects, etc.
- Support the yearly standard costing pricing (and transfer pricing) and cost pricing for new products.
- To interface with the S&OP process to aid with forecasting and budgeting.
- Management of working capital and working with the site to deliver targets set.
- Proactively advises and challenges the business.
Key Performance Indicators
- Effective working relationships between the sites and sharing of best practices within Dechra organization.
- Driving efficiencies within the site based on key KPI’s such as Cost Per Unit, Raw material pricing, OEE
- Deliver all commitments for monthly reporting, forecasting and budgeting on time
- See an as a valued support for the DPM&S Controller, Site director and the Finance Director
|Commercial and Business Acumen||Engagement|
|Project Management||Problem Solving|
|Relationship Management||Analytical and Strategic Thinking|
|Behaviour and Values||(D) Committed to delivering excellence|
(E) Enthusiastic and results driven
(C) Able to take calculated risks
(H) Honest with a high level of integrity
(R) Team player
(A) Willing and able to go the extra mile
|Skills||Ability to clearly and convincingly present and communicate on the outcome of financial analytics and drive relevant process change, behavior or actions across the business|
Understand key metrics that drive financial performance
Strong teamwork and collaboration skills on an international level
Be a self-starter with resilience
|Qualifications||Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics||CMA a plus|
|Knowledge and Experience||Relevant working experience in a business control position within a manufacturing organization|
Significant experience with financial analysis and reporting on KPI’s
Working knowledge of multi-site ERP system (Oracle preferred)
|Experience of working in a manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical Company|
Med-Pharmex is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), medical condition, genetic information, marital status, national origin, mental and physical disability, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.