Headquartered in Pomona, California, Med-Pharmex, Inc. is among the leading developers and manufacturers of generic veterinary pharmaceutical products in the U.S. The Company markets over 25 FDA-approved products, all manufactured in one of its three FDA-approved, Pomona-based facilities, with multiple drug delivery systems such as injectables, suspensions, oral solutions, sprays, ointments, pastes, and powders. Utilizing its expertise and experience in pharmaceutical product development in a cGMP environment, the Company’s strength lies in its ability to continually innovate and develop products with high barrier entry and bring quality generic drug products to the veterinary market.
- Responsible for proper inventory valuation from a physical inventory perspective of all inventory on hand. Lead the annual wall to wall physical inventory company wide and the monthly physical inventory of finished goods.
- Responsible for proper inventory valuation from a pricing and standard costing perspective. Ensure that standard costs of raw materials and finished goods are updated periodically.
- Responsible for proper inventory valuation from an excess and obsolescence exposure and LCM perspective.
- Ensure that all manufacturing expenses are properly captured and in the appropriate period.
- Complete all accounting close responsibilities on a timely basis.
- Analyze manufacturing variances, manufacturing spending, and manufacturing operations.
- Prepare monthly operations reports which captures manufacturing performance indicators, inventory levels (raw materials shelf life, raw materials and finished months on hand, E&O, etc.).
- Interface with and respond to requirements from external financial auditors at RSM with respect to supporting and explaining the valuation and reporting of inventory and cost of goods sold related accounts in the financial statements.
- Participate in weekly management BBB meetings.
- Partner with operations and quality management to ensure inventory movement transactions are properly recorded.
- Partner with operations management to perform capacity planning.
- Drive the improvement of the purchasing and cost accounting business process cycle to ensure proper segregation of duties, efficiency in the process, and sufficient preventive and detective controls.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (strong cost accounting coursework preferable).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a cost accounting manager in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Excel and ERP systems.
- Excellent command of cost accounting concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Med-Pharmex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy Med-Pharmex is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.